- GEHL WIN IN STOKE AGAIN - 10.08.2010
Gehl Architects is on the team led by URBED that has won the competition to breathe new life in to the heart of a historic Stoke-on-Trent town in the UK.
- JAN GEHL KEYNOTE AT VELO CITY GLOBAL - 21.06.2010
Professor Jan Gehl is giving the closing keynote at the Velo City Global Conference in Copenhagen on Friday 25th June 11.30 AM.
- GEHL ARCHITECTS IN MONTREAL - 23.02.2010
Montreal, Canadas second largest city, hosted Gehl Architects Krtistian Skovbakke Villadsen and Louise Kielgast who visited the city to share their knowledge on how to make cities better for people.
- GEHL ARCHITECTS PRESENTED ON KOBRA - 21.04 .2010
Watch Lin Skaufel, Gehl Architects, and New York resident, acclaimed artist and cycling activist, David Byrne, talk about cycling in the Swedish cultural programme, Kobra, on SVT, Swedish television.
- INTERVIEW WITH DAVID SIM - 16.02.2010
What is a good city? The Swedish magazine Movium-Bulletinen is on the track of this question in a new issue.
- PILOT PROJECTS ON BROADWAY BECOME PERMANENT - 19.02.2010
New York City Mayor Bloomberg announces that the pilot projects on Broadway, which have been a part of Gehl Architects strategy for the city, are to become permanent.
- 'LILLE ARNE' AWARD FOR JAN GEHL - 11.02.2010
The award ‘Lille Arne’, named in honor of world renowned Danish architect Arne Jacobsen, in 2010 has been given to Professor Jan Gehl for his life-long contribution to the development of more people-friendly cities.
- FEATURE ON GEHL ARCHITECTS WORK IN NEW YORK - 05.02.2010
Gehl Architects work to improve conditions for cyclism and the urban realm in New York City is featured in new article in the Danish magazine Trafik & Veje.
- JAN GEHL SPEAKS IN THE GRAND MOSQUE, MUSCAT - 02.02.2010
Jan Gehl and Oliver Schulze are visiting Muscat to present Gehl Achitects work
- LIFE BETWEEN BUILDINGS NOW IN POLISH - 21.01.2010
Professor Jan Gehls famous book, Life between Buildings, originally published in 1971, has been translated into Polish.
- GEHL ARCHITECTS WIN IN BILLUND - 16.12.2009
Billund Municipality have chosen the team of Gehl Architects, Årstiderne Arkitekter and Mindfolio, as the winners of the ideas competition to revitalize the centre of Billund, home of LEGO.
- JAN GEHL GIVING THE GRIFFIN MEMORIAL LECTURE - 30.11.2009
Jan Gehl is giving the 2009 Walter Burley Griffin Memorial Lecture in Canberra, Australia.
- NEW YORK PROJECT ON DANISH BROADCAST - 09.11.2009
On October 30th Jan Gehl was interviewed on Danish Radio about Gehl Architects contribution to making New York City a more sustainable city.Listen to the interview here
- JAN GEHL IN HANOI - 01.11.2009
Professor Architect Jan Gehl has been officially invited by The Peoples Committee of Hanoi to give his professional advice and input on urban planning in Hanoi.
- LIFE BETWEEN BUILDINGS IN VIETNAMESE - 26.10.2009
Jan Gehls all time classic book 'Life between buildings' is published in Vietnamese. The translated edition is launched at a ceremony in Hanoi today.
- NYC AWARD PRESENTED TO JAN GEHL - 14.10.2009
An award for ”exceptional contribution to New York City Streetscape and the Public Realm”
- GEHL GET THREE ON A ROW IN THE UK - 08.10.2009
Drawing on our extensive network in the UK Gehl Architects have landed three projects on a row in the UK within a week.
- GEHL BLOGGING FOR COPENHAGEN X - 07.10.2009
Henning Thomsen has been invited to become a steady contributor to Copenhagen X's new blog on Sustainable Urban Development.
- JAN GEHL KEYNOTE SPEAKER AT WALK 21 - 01.10.2009
Jan Gehl is the keynote speaker at the AECOM reception at the Walk21 conference in New York City on Wednesday 7th October. 5.30 PM
- 3RD GAZELLE NOMINATION FOR GEHL ARCHITECTS - 01.10.2009
For the third consecutive year Gehl Architects has been nominated a Gazelle company by the Danish Commerce and Companies Agency. In Denmark a Gazelle Company is synonymous with a company that has a significant growth economically as well as on the number of employees.
- GEHL ARCHITECTS EXHIBIT AT THE DAC - 30.09.2009
Gehl Architects are part of the new exhibition at the Danish Architecture Center, that opens Thursday 1st October.
- GEHL INTRODUCES MOD CONCEPT - 30.06.2009
With the invention of the MOD Concept (Mobility Oriented Development), Gehl Architects has taken the TOD (Transport Oriented Development) approach one step further.
- NORDIC CITY NETWORK HAS MOVED TO GEHL ARCHITECTS - 19.06.2009
We’re pleased to announce that starting January 1st 2009 the local secretariat for Nordic City Network has moved to Gehl Architects.
- JAN GEHL HONOURED BY THE DANISH ARTS FOUNDATION - 19.06.2009
Co-founder and partner in Gehl Architects, Jan Gehl, has received the highest honour from the Danish Arts Foundation
- GEHL ARCHITECTS FEATURE IN NEW BOOK ON PLANNING - 17.06.2009
Helle Søholt and senior consultant Tom Nielsen of Gehl Architects feature in a new Danish book on contemporary planning.
- JAN GEHL IN TORONTO - 09.06.2009
Jan Gehl visited Toronto in Canada in the first week of June.
- HONORARY VELO CITY BICYCLE FOR HELLE SØHOLT - 04.06.2009
Helle Søholt, co-founder and partner of Gehl Architects, is one of four recipients of an honorary 2009 Velo City bicycle.
- GEHL ARCHITECTS IN PERTH - 25.05.2009
A new study on public spaces and public life in Perth is being launched.
- GEHL PART OF CYCLING EMBASSY OF DENMARK - 13.05.2009
A new and unusual embassy is opening - Cycling Embassy of Denmark.
- LIFE BETWEEN BUILDINGS TOP 100 - 16.04.2008
Gehl’s almost classic Life Between Buildings made it to this top 100 of essential planning books from 1909 – 2009.
- HENNING THOMSEN JOINS GEHL - 16.03.2009
As of March 1st architect MAA, MMD Henning Thomsen has joined Gehl Architects as new Practice Manager.
- GEHL ARCHITECTS WIN UK CIVIC AWARD - 18.03.2009
Gehl Architects have been awarded one of the prestigious UK Civic Trust Awards for the Brighton New Road project.
- ON WINNING TEAM IN STOKE - 12.03.2009
At the recent Mipim gathering in Cannes it was announced that Gehl Architects are on the winning team led by Genr8 Developments in a £230 million regeneration contract in Stoke-on-Trent in the UK. The team was chosen for the contract from a shortlist of three, by the North Staffordshire Regeneration Partnership and its partners Stoke-on-Trent city council and Advantage West Midlands. The contract involves building 1.2 million ft2 of office, retail and hotel space and 230.000 ft2 of high-quality public space over 7 years.
- PEDESTRIAN STREETS ON MANHATTAN - 27.02.2009
Gehl Architects are working as consultants to the New York City Department of Transportation on the "Green Light for Midtown" pilot program.
- SHORTLISTED FOR KINGS CROSS SQUARE - 28.01.2009
Gehl Architects has been pre-qualified for the new King's Cross Square Competition.
- DREAMS ON WHEELS - 16.01.2009
Gehl Architects has made a new contribution to the cycling-exhibition Dreams on Wheels. Check it out.
- PER RIISOM NOW WORKING AT GEHL - 12.01.2009
We're excited to announce that Per Riisom just started as a Senior Consultant at our office.
- AWARD FOR BRIGHTON NEW ROAD PROJECT - 10.12.2008.
Gehl Architects won the 2008 Landscape Institute Award for the Brighton New Road Project.
- JAN GEHL LECTURES IN PHILADELPHIA - 01.12.2008
Jan will be giving a lecture at the AIA Centre in Philidelpia on December 5th.
- SEMINAR ABOUT URBAN CITY DEVELOPMENT - 21.11.2008
Jan Gehl participates in a seminar about Urban Development that the danish embassy in Washinton is hosting on December 3rd.
- NEW YORK PUBLISHES THE WORK OF GEHL ARCHITECTS - 13.11.2008
Our analysis and recommendations for New York has been published in World Class Streets
- GEHL ARCHITECTS WINS COMPETITION IN VIENNA - 12.11.2008
Gehl Architects has won 1st prize in the international competition about carrying out an evolution of the existing masterplan of Vienna’s Urban Lakeside, situated between Vienna and Bratislava.
- HELLE SØHOLT IN THE MUNCH MUSEUM JURY - 03.11.2008
The Munch collection moves to Bjørvika next to the new Opera building in Oslo, Norway. A new museum will be built and the opening is planned in December 2013. Helle Søholt will be the leader of the international jury who will be judging the Architecture Competition.
- EVERYBODY AT GEHL GETS A BICYCLE HELMET - 31.10.2008
Everybody at Gehl Architects bike to work. That’s why the company just invested in red bikecycle helmet, so that all employees can bike around safely in the streets of Copenhagen.
- GEHL APPOINTED TO WORK IN MEXICO CITY - 11.09.2008
Gehl Architects have been appointed to develop a city-wide urban development framework and bicycling strategy.
- GEHL TRANSFORMING BELGRADE HARBOUR FRONT - 08.09.2008
Luka Beograd has contacted Gehl Architects in order to contribute to the creation of a new urban development at the port of Belgrade.
- JAN AT THE BIENNALE IN VENICE - 02.09.2008
Jan Gehl will be joining "The Sustainable Cities Talk" at the Danish Pavilion in the Venice Biennale on September 12th at 1 pm. Also joining is Barbara Southworth, Herbert Giradet and Richard Burdett.
- HONORY FELLOWSHIP AT RAIC - 20.08.2008
Jan Gehl has been nominated to receive a Honorary Fellowship from the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada.
- GEHL WINS PRAGUE ROHANSKY - 28.07.2008
Gehl Architects have along with KHR Architects won the competition about a master plan over the Rohansky area in Prague. 20 teams participated.
- HELLE SØHOLT SPEAKS AT 'CITISENSE' - 07.07.2008
Helle will be joining Richard Florida and Tor Nørretrands amongst other Key Note Speakes at the Norwegian Conference 'CitiSense' which will be held at Larvik on September 18th and 19th 2008.
- PRE-QUALIFIED FOR AARSTAFÄLTET, SWEDEN - 01.07.2008
Gehl Architects just got pre-qualified for doing an competition about the 50 acre area surrounding Stockholm in Sweden.
- PRE-QUALIFIED FOR SKOVSHOVED HARBOUR - 30.06.2008
Gehl Architects have been pre-qualified for re-doing a master plan for Skovshoved Harbour Area in Northern Sealand in Denmark together with Link- Signatur Architects and Martin Stockley Associates.
- GEHL ARCHITECTS JOINS THE BIENNALE IN 2008 - 16.06 .2008
Gehl Architects have been invited to join the danish contribution for the the 11th International Architecture Biennale in Venice, September 2008.
- HONORY FELLOW OF AIA - 13.03.2008
Jan Gehl has been choosen as a honary fellow due to his ground-breaking work with qualities of and in cities, which has made his books and and consultancy recognized worldwide. His most famous book is Life Between Buildings, which has been translated into 16 different languages.
Jan is the only architect from Denmark having achieved this honary followship, besides Jørn Utzon and Henning Larsen.
- GEHL ARCHITECTS WON HULL FRUIT MARKET COMPETITION - 30.06.2008
A team including Surface, Sarah Wigglesworth and Bauman Lyons has won the high-profile competition to transform Hull's historic Fruit Market site.
- PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR COMPETITION IN OSLO - 05.01.2008
Gehl Architects has been pre-qualified for an Competition about the surroundings of the Oslo Opera House in Norway with Behnisch Arkitekten from Germany
- GEHL NOMINATED AS GAZELLE - 13.09.2007
Gehl Architects has been nominated a Gazelle company by the Danish Commerce and Companies Agency. In Denmark a Gazelle Company is synonymous with a company that has a significant growth economically as well as on the number of employees.
- JAN GEHL VISITS SYDNEY - 11.09.2007
Jan Gehl has beeen in Sydney. Read the article about his visit in the Sydney Morning Herald, Australia.
- BAUKULTUR AS AN IMPULSE FOR GROWTH - 04.07.2007
Gehl Architects, in collaboration with the German Federal Ministry of Transport, Building and Urban Affairs and the European Union recently completed a report on "Baukultur as an impule for growth - good examples for European Cities"
- JAN GEHL RIBA - 21.02.2007
RIBA announces five recipients of International Fellowships including Jan Gehl.